Thursday, September 14, 2006

breathing apparatus

I wish my lungs and whatever air tracts were dive equipment so I could get them serviced right now. There's something wrong. If I were a better diver, I'd know the exact terms. But all I know is, the air doesn't come quick enough when I breathe in. There's a clog somewhere. Or maybe i'm just running out of air.

Diving metaphors rule my life now. The last two days, at every breath I had to fight for, the image would come to mind of so many cubic feet of water weighing me down, my neck craning up to see how far I had to go for a foothold again. The same panic comes. The same studied calm – breathe, just breathe. Both are a fight for life, really. Just that diving gets you a great view. But getting sick just gives you some useless days off.

p.s. On another note, is there a scientist out there who's considered human phlegm as an alternate energy source? Anyone? Fine, Nobel here I come.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home