Wednesday, September 27, 2006

manila zoo

“Why?”

Wala lang. It was nice to be around kids and happy families (that weren’t yours). To walk about with a camera, anonymous, munching on peanuts. And of course, my favorite, eavesdropping. I got some pretty good, er, eaves too.
Like at the guinea pig pen -

"Ano yan 'tay?"
"Daga."

Oo nga naman.

I'd tell you about the publicly masturbating monkey. But maybe it'd better if you didn't hear about it.

++++

Sometimes I think it would be easier to just up and go. To start from nothing rather than keep on going with what you have. It's hard you know, to try to change. Or pray you have the strength to bear the inevitable. again.

If one day you look up and ask yourself, where'd she go. I just must tell you, a woman wouldn’t leave without the symptoms you know. We sniff the decomposition even before the bacteria come. Feel the muscle twitch of rigor mortis, earlier even that its onset.

So, see, I didn’t really leave you. I just left before you realized you did.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home